Metro (LACMTA) Regional Communications is seeking a professional to set up manage and provide content for social media engagement; write content for quarterly project updates and other human interest stories; and, provide graphics support to Community Relations on the public outreach efforts for the construction of the Sepulveda Pass Widening Project. The position requires time in the field as well as the Integrated Project Office located at the Howard Hughes Center in Culver City. Time may also be required at Metro headquarters at Gateway Center in the Union Station complex of Los Angeles and at off-site trailers located along the alignment as needed. Infrequent alternate work hours that include evening, some nights and possible weekend work may be needed; flexibility in work schedule is required. Opportunity is ideal for a career-minded individual who appreciates the teamwork and accomplishment of completing a large public works project.
The ideal candidate will be a creative individual with strong writing abilities and communication skills, and will have an interest in community-oriented and corporate work; be able to meet deadlines and work towards achieving set goals; be proficient in new media technology and platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, etc.) and will be excited about creating an outreach plan utilizing new media platforms.
• Must have strong knowledge of social media applications and technologies
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong ability to self-manage schedule and project to meet deadlines and goals
• Graphic design experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software and graphic design software
• A degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or digital media
• Video and editing experience
Individuals interested are requested to submit the following:
1. Qualifications (resume and references)
2. At least one, but no more than two work samples (graphic design work product and link to previous new media work).
The top qualified candidates will be invited for an interview with the hiring authority. A writing assignment may be included as part of the interview process.
Qualifications (education and work experience) – 60%
References & availability – 10%
Samples (quality of writing, complexity of project) – 30%
Please submit proposal as outlined above by close of business on Friday, January 8, 2010.
New Media Officer Opportunity
One Gateway Plaza
Mail Stop: 99-17-11
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2952
Or via email to: I405@metro.net